Savor the Lot River’s enchanting natural beauty
Trees crowd the shores of the scenic Lot River, giving way to medieval hilltop towns, lush vineyards and sections of cliffs that create an almost wilderness feel. The river makes a unique venue for a barge vacation in France. Outdoor pursuits like cycling, swimming and fishing go hand in hand with fine dining, browsing in open-air markets and sightseeing at historic châteaux!
- Medieval hilltop villages
- Amazing scenary
- Prehistoric caves
- Swimming, fishing & kayaking
- Local wine & gastronomy
Useful Info for the Lot River
Top 10 secret gems of the Lot River
- Château De Mercues wines;
- Cahors’s wine museum;
- the vineyards of Parnac;
- St-Cirq Lapopie’s jewellery;
- The castle of Cenevieres-sur-Larganol;
- 11th-century chapel in Vers;
- trekking paths near St. Gery;
- the Charttreaux Fountain;
- Arcambal’s brewery;
- the hanging tower of Cahors.
We will happily arrange taxi transfer between our bases and your airport or train station. Because we do this a lot, we can usually obtain a better rate than individual travellers.
- Location Coordinates : E1° 21.72` / N44° 28.398`
- Highway A20, exit #57 Cahors Nord/Villeneuve-sur-Lot" (23 km away)"
- Highway A20, exit #58 Cahors-Sud" (20 km away)"
- Cahors (15 km)
- Bergerac (107 km)
- Toulouse (125 km)
- Bordeaux (232 km)